Land allotment to sons a mistake, admits Yeddyurappa
Posted by Admin on January 29, 2011
PTI – Fri, Jan 28 9:23 PM IST
“If land is there you can offer it to anybody. My mistake is I allotted land to my son. If court takes a decision, let them take back the land,” Yeddyurappa told a TV channel.
However, Yeddyurappa- who virtually forced the party high command to allow him to continue in office despite the scandal- appeared to differ with party president Nitin Gadkari who had said the chief minister’s act of making out of turn land allotment to his sons may be “immoral but not illegal”.
“I will speak to Gadkari. He must be mistaken. Somebody must have misguided him”, Yeddyurappa said.
Yeddyurappa also lashed out at Karnataka governor HR Bharadwaj for giving sanction to prosecute him.
The chief minister felt that Bhardwaj may have been sent to Karnataka with a specific mission by the Congress high command.
“He may have been sent for this purpose only. Everyday we are observing, governor is acting like an opposition party leader in Karnataka.”
Yeddyurappa said that the governor had neither sent notices to him nor invited him for discussions to clear the air on the land deals.
“I am ready to face the prosecution in court”, he said.
- Karnataka Governor demends explanation from Yeddyurappa about land scam (panasianbiz.com)
- Demand to recall Indian governor (bbc.co.uk)
- B S Yeddyurappa to continue as CM of Karnataka (panasianbiz.com)
- “Eight Karnataka ministers stage march to Raj Bhavan” and related posts (asianetindia.com)
- Karnataka: BJP defers decision on Yeddyurappa (ibnlive.in.com)
- Yeddyurappa will remain Karnataka CM: BJP (ibnlive.in.com)
- Yeddyurappa helps family get land by proxy (ibnlive.in.com)
- K’taka Governor slams Yeddyurappa again (ibnlive.in.com)
- Yeddyurappa faces fresh allegations (thehindu.com)
- BJP allows Yeddyurappa to stay (thehindu.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.