WTF is SOPA ? aka The US Government Trying to Ruin the Internet (video)
Posted by Admin on February 10, 2012
If you’re on this page right now, it is probably because you enjoy obtaining insights and information from sources that are not mainstream. Be aware that this could radically change if SOPA, an awful piece of legislation making internet censorship EXTREMELY easy, goes through. While it is said that the goal of SOPA is to fight internet piracy, the powers it bestows to governments and elite corporations go way beyond copyright issues. Entire websites could potentially get shut down without notice and without a legitimate court order, even if they do not explicitly host pirated content. Think I’m going too far? Well, it has already happened a few times already and SOPA would simply make it completely legal, legitimate and a lot easier.
Here’s an informative video on SOPA by Cynical Brit a channel that usually deals with gaming. Yes, the issue is that important and affects the entire world.
- We Don’t Have A ‘Wild West’ Internet Now, But We Will If SOPA Or Similar Is Passed (opendotdotdot.blogspot.com)
- Is Outkast’s Big Boi A Pirate? How Twitter Cracks Down On Copyright Violations (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Reply from U.S. Senator Tom Harkin After the SOPA Protest (jajsamos.wordpress.com)
- ACT NOW: PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks the Internet [Video] (geeksaresexy.net)
- Megaupload Mega Shutdown Proves We Need Neither SOPA or PIPA (mediabistro.com)
- SOPA & PIPA withdrawn – Phew! (rebeccanovell.wordpress.com)
- SOPA So Good? (thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com)
- SOPA blackout (quantumtunnel.wordpress.com)
- SOPA / PIPA Blackout (secondmode.wordpress.com)
- 10 Biggest Threats to Internet Freedom Now That SOPA/PIPA is Dead (businesspundit.com)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.